Thursday, November 26, 2009

Character Development: X-Men Series

I celebrated my birthday yesterday. Turning 19 isn’t a very special number, but it did make me sit back and think about the year I’ve had. I have made quite a few changes in my life, whether it is going to a new school, meeting new people, or even getting rid of the people who didn’t make me happy in the first place. I am both surprised and proud I was able to do all of this in such a short amount of time.
To celebrate my birthday and achievements in my own special way I give to you the last character I have created. She is my only finished character because firstly, the series has finished so it was easier to decide her fate and secondly, she dies. The reason I put this character last is because she was the one character that had my ultra weakness as her personality. Every action she did annoyed me, but I knew deep down I probably would have done the same a few years ago. Looking back, I can see her character as fragile, naïve and weak. I guess that’s why it was so easy to kill her in the end!

I’m working on another one at the moment, but she is merely a shadow in the background of a very dense story. I do hope she finds herself a new personality like myself, that is very different from this one below.


Name: Aileé (French for “wing”)
Mutation: wings that repel anything besides fire
Lover: Pyro
Story: parents died in a house fire just as she was starting to grow her wings. Not being able to save them she escapes to Xaviers school. There, she meets Pyro and falls in love with him. She is still fearful of fire but continues to trust in him. When Pyro leaves at the end of the second X-men film to be with magneto, she becomes angry and hurt. However, in the third, they continue to see each other secretly; though Ailee is still upset he chose the brotherhood over her. With failed attempts of convincing him to come home, she concentrates on working hard for Xavier and the X-men.
During the last battle she notices Pyro and Iceman fighting. Desperate to break it up she ends up getting in the way of both and Pyro accidentally hits her with a fireball. She dies in his arms.
Costume: bandages from third degree burns from the house fire. Ink, shows a fireball and love heart in the middle with chains around it, to show her fear of fire. Green colours in both her clothing and in her eyes.

Thanks to everyone for their gifts and wishes for my birthday. Some special presents so far are below in pictures:
Picture ONE: Russell the Elephant, from Ben
Picture TWO: Alice In Wonderland frame, from Tory










Picture THREE: Fyson the Octopus, from Tory

Strongly yours,

Jinx xx

5 comments:

  1. New layout! Me likey!!! I like those photos of you! *wishes secretly that tory was books that gilly is hugging*
    I hope you had a spectacular day my love!! And i hope you liked me pressys!! Hope Fyson is going well after his top-hat surgery :D
    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  2. a thank you lover i think it needed a new look! :D
    hehe oh dont worry i was only thinking of you when i was hugging those books :P
    i did thank you tor, and i love those presents they are my favourite so far :D
    how do you like russell?? hes so adorkable!!!
    fyson is perfect he doesnt even have a crack on him. well his tentacles but you cant see them because they're on the bottom so hes all good. did you notice i picked up my hair piece??? wheeeeeee

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the life reflecting, good to see I am not the only one who does that lol.

    What a dramatic ending to Ailee'! Very nice, the most tragic and deep story yet (with her falling for Pyro, who happens to have the power that is her biggest weakness), any relation to you in there?

    Happy birthday too, sweet presents!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you she really is my favourite character even though I find her annoying sometimes lol plenty of relation to myself in that character. well, what USED to be me as i said

    thanks for the birthday wishes :D I still have your book haha but i'll give it to sabb when i see her next week :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome would be great to see more of these.

    I actually needed the book last night to give to a friend... I thought I had misplaced it until I finally remembered you have it lol.

    Next time we speak I have to hear the reasons why you didn't like it, it is my favourite series ever lol, so I refuse to believe it =P

    ReplyDelete