Sunday, October 18, 2009

Character Development: The Inheritance Series

If anyone else has done this, then tell me so I don’t feel as embarrassed or nerdy!
Whenever I read a really well written, awesome book, I start to think about what I’d be like, if I lived in that same world. And soon, all these ideas start popping into my head and before I know it I have done it…created a character.

The catch, you ask? I cannot disturb the story in any way. So for those Twilight fans out there, you cannot end up with Jacob or Edward, that’s blasphemy, people! And also very sad…

So far, I have created three characters and I will post them one by one, as I’m seriously overdue for new posts!

To start, this character is for Azz…so he doesn’t kill me for not reading all of Brisingr yet!

***Spoiler Alert***

Name: Evieé
Costume: Black and green pants with green and black top that wraps around stomach; bandages down right arm and shoulder; ink on left shoulder of crest with two swords crossing each other, which is a symbol that she is the best swordsman in all of Alagaesia.
Fear: Dragons, Galbatorix
Lover: Murtagh
Story: In Eragon, she grew up with Murtagh when they were kids and had plans to be married. He tells her about the sword Morzan throws at him so they decide to leave. Murtagh was to leave first in order not to create suspicion and Evieé to leave after. She searches for him and ends up at The Varden, becoming friends with Nasuada and Arya. When he arrives, she helps him escape and they are united once again.
In Eldest, when Murtagh disappears she becomes angry and heartbroken and doesn’t talk to any members of The Varden but Eragon. She only leaves her room for training and dinner. When she fights in the war on The Burning Plains, she meets Murtagh when she sees him fighting Eragon. When running to break up the fight he knocks her out with magic and kidnaps her
In Brisingr, because I haven’t read all of it, it makes her story all the more interesting because I haven't decided her fate!
Personality: She has a strong backbone. The only person who can tell her what to do is Murtagh which becomes her weakness in the end. Very loyal to Nasuada and The Varden. Very proud of her swords, which reminds me of Wade Wilson/Deadpool when he uses his swords in Origins
Wade Wilson: Okay. People are dead.
Team: The Varden

Enjoy laughing at me!

Embarrassingly yours,

Jinx xx

4 comments:

  1. Bahaha funniest thing I have read in years!

    Nah jokes lol, it was fantastic Katie I loved it. Can't believe you were embarrassed by it. My only complaint is that it is too short! Wheres more backstory and personality? =P

    I look forward to an extension.

    And yes you will be reading Brisingr in the very VERY near future... lol, and no Wiki!

    ReplyDelete
  2. damnit!! Why must you bag Wiki, what did it ever do to you? :P

    Thanks though, and I will read it just for you...but when I finish my other stuff that I need to read...like Scott Westerfeld.
    I might even review the book to prove I read it :P

    My nerdyness is out in full force why wouldn't I be embarrassed!!! and more back story and personality? You should see my X-men piece! She dies so it's like...uber short :P
    Make one already!! Join the darkside...the force is strong with this one...oh dear

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now you have me intrigued to the fate of your character! HURRY UP AND READ BRISINGR SO YOU CAN FINNISH IT FOR ME!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaha could I cheat and just ask you what the jist of it is? Or won't you let me do that either :P

    You people suck!! hahaha
    Though as you found with all the Wicked Lovely series Tor I wouldn't give away anything...YOU BETTER NOT BE READING THE LATEST POST. SPOLIERS!! SPOOOOOILERS!!! ahem...forgot whether you read Ink yet...have you?
    Oh man, I can't keep up. Oh hey, speaking of Brisingr I have a poster for you that I'm bringing when I crash your house next, do you want it? Are you allowed to have posters in your room unlike me? Not that I listen to Mum but yanno...just making sure

    ReplyDelete