Monday, May 4, 2009

Happy 40th Birthday Mr. Hungry Caterpillar!



Happy Birthday Mr. Caterpillar!!

The very Hungry Caterpillar by Eric Carle is one of the most popular children’s picture books ever! I don’t know why my mum never bought it in the past but I guess I was introduced to it after I experienced my first trip to the library. However, that was probably because there was a giant plush caterpillar next to the book!

Now, as an adult working in a bookshop I have come across another plush toy of the caterpillar and so have conjured up thought of…


THE KIDNAPPING OF THE GIANT CATERPILLAR!


Yes that’s right; I plan to steal the plush toy that is on display in our window. Some promotional material can be taken home by staff members, but I have the sneaking suspicion that this won’t be one of those cases, so instead I am plotting excuses to somehow take the little guy home.

I’ve come up with the following excuses:
“I’ll feed him and look after him and even change his cocoon when he has an accident!”

“I’ll bring it back in 10 years time when you want to celebrate his 50th birthday!”

“What!!? He’s only going to attract dust, I might as well give him a good home!”

Somehow, I don’t think that will work very well.
Anybody have any ideas?

Take a look at the picture! Proof that it’s a match made in heaven

Hungrily yours,

Jinx xx

4 comments:

  1. You can't have him if I steal him first. *shifty eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  2. say that he turned into a butterfly and flew out of the store.

    LOVe

    Helsinki

    ReplyDelete