Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Writing and Publishing (week 11)

For Tory.
I'm so sorry I didn't mean for you to die in the end!!
Peter
She was my favourite girl in the class. I tried not to watch her, but my eyes would follow her wherever she went. She laughed like bells ringing. I didn’t even mind the short hair. They all noticed her, because she was such a lovely girl. She was friends with everyone. But it wasn’t until year 12 that I really got to know her.
It started in media and it finished one lunchtime. She had her group of friends and I had mine, but everyone liked one another. Some dated, others just kissed, but we only talked. I didn’t even mind when she dated my other friends because deep down, I knew she would end up with me. They never lasted long. By the end of year 12 when it was exam time we secretly hung out. I showed her my favourite place in the park across from the school. I kissed her before we had to go back for the media exam. I claimed it was for good luck but she knew why I really kissed her. Before walking to my seat she passed me a note that said

I’ve never done that before.

The media exam was the last one and I knew when I placed my pen on the desk that it was the last day I would ever have to write anything about the media. What I didn’t know is that it was the last day I would ever see her.

Steph
Victoria used to make me watch him when he sat up the back of media class all alone. I would tell her how many times he looked at her, the way he smiled and how he shook his hair out of his eyes. Deep down I liked him, but I knew that it wouldn’t make any difference, because it wasn’t me he was looking at.
Year 12 was my favourite year. Peter and his friends joined our group and we all sat together at lunch time. We became good friends. Everyone loved Victoria. You couldn’t help it. I dated Peters best friend, Jimmy, because he was the closest to Peter I would ever get.
Before the media exam I saw them walking to the park. I knew they were going to Peter’s favourite place because Jimmy told me he liked the bench that was near the ducks. I knew he would kiss her before they went off to sit the exam. She showed me a note before she gave it to him.

Peter
10 years had passed since Victoria died. I longed for her everyday of my life. At the burial, I let go of the note and placed it on her grave, clinging onto some kind of hope that she would receive it. The note now read

I’ve never done that before.
Neither have I.

I married Steph because she was good enough at the time. I thought I would forget about Victoria and be happy again if I married someone that was even slightly like her. After our second child we divorced and I went to live with Jimmy. He had a photo of Victoria by the phone and I threw it out the window and screamed until he punched me in the face. I guess we all loved her in the end.
Somehow deep down, I knew Steph killed Victoria. She was led back to my bench and was beaten with a rock until she bled to death. Nobody else knew about the bench except for Jimmy and Steph.

Steph
I told Victoria, Peter was waiting for her. That he wanted to see her again after the exam. I had the rock in my bag already; I put it in there when she was walking with him. She sat down on the bench and laughed. She said she loved him, and that he loved her.

Loveth thee oh Tory!

Jinx xx

7 comments:

  1. Awesome blog :) I saw that you're a fan of iron and wine. You should check out my blog sometime.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wiiiicked. me like. death scenes are always the best!

    Helsinki

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thats just so amazing!

    you're amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. whaaaaa
    Tory dies with a rock?
    This made me sad
    I especially like the bit how he threw the photo out the window
    I really like this
    Your writing has improved heaps

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwwwwwwwwww!!!
    :O i get a story about me??? What have i done to deserve such a great honour!!!!
    Damn, now i'm going to have to write you an even more epic poem and its got to be original!! damn!
    Well, this story was FANTASTIC!!! I was hooked all the way through it!!
    So wow. I'm killed by my best friend. How vivid. Although she hits like a man so it COULD be possible!! THe only thing she has against her is her height... The only forseeable way i think she could have reached my head is that she'd say 'hey vic, *holds rock behind back* your shoes are untied..."
    hahaha! Steph, if your reading this, i love you!
    Can i show this to her?
    But yes - very very awesome story!!! I agree with mel with the photo bit. I could see it really clearly in my head.
    I loved this part especially:
    "I didn’t even mind the short hair"
    Made me giggle :D
    And i smiled at this:
    "She laughed like bells ringing."
    Many people think i laugh like a man on helium so that was nice to hear!!!!
    Gilly, i love-ith you so!!!!!!!
    Expect a story/poem coming your way!!!
    xoxooxxooxoxoxxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. Akshay- thank you very much i shall check your blog out!
    helsinki- i thought you would appreciate the death scenes. i thought of you when i accidently killed her. i swear i was writing and then i went "oh shit...i just killed her!"
    cedric- nah man, you're more amazing
    mel- my teacher loved that part as well! woo! i thought of you when i named the guy jimmy. reminds me of a character you would name for some reason :p
    the enigma- you wrote me a poem so i wrote a story about you...but you know i didnt actually mean to connect steph to the actual steph. i was imagining this steph as long blonde hair and then i realised after "oh wait...thats steph cammerano!" sorry steph! i made you kill tory!!
    you can of course show this to her! just so long as she doesnt hurt me. keep all rocks away from her and the next time she tells me my shoes are untied i'll just run away.
    my teacher loved the laughing like ringing bells and i was like "she actually does though!" and she goes "so you killed your friend in a story...i dont think she will appreciate that!"
    but i loveth thee more!!

    xoxoxoxox

    ReplyDelete
  7. haha! I can just see it now:
    Steph: ohh, Gilly, hey. Your shoes are untied.
    GIlly: AH AHHH AHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!! *runs away wildly*
    hahahhahaah!
    Nah, i forgive you for killing me off, not to worry! I can't resist that face!!!!!!!!
    Once again, a fantastic story :-)
    love-ith theeeeee!
    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete