Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Chasing Cubes


I am a very excited Green Gilly today! Walking around Smith St has made me remember why I love shopping in places where people don’t usually go. And ok, a lot of people go to Smith St for the factory outlets but if you walk a little further down you will come to my new favourite shop.

The place is called in.cube8r. (http://incube8r.com.au/) and it is an amazing place. I fell in love with the shop when I heard about it on Jodi Blokkeerus’ website about her book, post about Chasing Feathers here (http://book-unfinished.blogspot.com/2009/03/chasing-feathers.html) and was even more excited when I remembered about it driving in the car with Cedric.
While going nuts over the soundtrack playing in the background (Iron and Wines Our Endless Numbered Days) I found Jodi’s cabinet and quietly went nuts…quietly being me bouncing and going
“It’s the lady’s book that I’ve been talking about Tash!!”
I, of course, bought her book and one of her famous sculptures. I’m not sure what it’s made out of but it looks like very hard clay and wire. Anyway, I named him Yogi after the character in her book Chasing Feathers which I found even more beautiful looking at it in the flesh.

So this post is just to praise the shop that I bounced around in for like 20 minutes and to gloat about how I finally got my hands on that book. in.cube8r is full of beautiful jewellery, clothing and Helsinki, I really think you’ll fall in love with the paintings, Cedric and I did! We were like
“that’s for our new house…that too...OH MY GOD I LOVE THAT ONE!”

A very bouncy and excited

Jinx xx

P.S Thank you Jodi for commenting on my last post! I hope you make more creatures soon, my Yogi is looking very lonely on my shelf…I already want another one!

No comments:

Post a Comment