Sunday, June 14, 2009

The Serpents Kiss

This is the final edited piece of writing for my fantasy section. The original piece before editing is here: http://book-unfinished.blogspot.com/2009/03/writing-and-publishing-week-5.html
Tell me what you think!


I tried to sit up to check my surroundings but I realised that simple task was harder than expected. I was chained. I lifted my legs and pain forced a halt. Straining my eyes I could just see ahead of me. Bruises covered my whole body, blood spilled from my slashed skin and I guessed the obvious. I was defeated…
***

“Fucking hell” I yelled “that really hurts. Didn’t anyone ever tell you not to hit a woman?” feet walked towards me. The body attached to the feet was a man I once knew and even with all those years of knowing him, I still couldn’t tell whether he was really going to hurt me.
“But you’re not a woman are you Charlie?” the man laughed and kicked my bruised thigh. I jumped and both my ankles and wrists cried in protest.
“No but I resemble everything there is about women. The mind, the appearance, the strength… everything. Except— I replied with clenched teeth
“Except the fact that you are not a woman. You are a genetic fuck up of what is human. One element of woman…yet one element of something else. Oh, rather, you aren’t human at all now. Therefore you are neither man nor woman but merely the shell of a woman that once existed. I would like to negotiate with you now, my life is far too busy to keep you held for much longer.” The man swung his leg over me and sat down on my stomach. He was light for a man of his size, but then again, I remembered, he wasn’t as strong as he looked. His mind was his strong point, I always knew that and no doubt his loyal dogs gave me these bruises and scars, not him. No wonder I was defeated, I was out numbered.
“Fuck you! I will never negotiate with a man who lies! And who are you to say what’s human and what’s the shell of a human? You made me what I am today. You aren’t human yourself. What makes us human? At least I can admit to being a beast...at least I can remain stronger than you’ll ever be!” I stare straight at the sky too afraid to look at his face, not because of what his true form held, but because if I looked at his face I was afraid upon looking in his eyes, that I would cave in, just like last time when I first saw his face in my village. He sighed heavily and shifted his weight on me making me wince at the pressure on my bruised, slashed body.
“I never lied to you Charlie; I only protected you from the truth. Why don’t you look at me anymore?” he touched my face lightly catching a tear “protecting your village is like me protecting your heart” he unlocked one chain and let my hand slide out of the cuffs. I took the opportunity to lash at him, but his hand locked around my broken wrist and I cried out in pain
“Ah ah ah” he tutted at me “naughty girl, be gentle or the cuffs go back on” he laced his fingers through mine and leaned forward blocking my view from the sky so I was forced to look at him. His eyes, I thought I can see them again. My body froze up and my mind shattered, too afraid of the information held. I could see everything that happened when the destruction of my village began. The lives I killed, everything that I destroyed, it was all there. He stared unblinking at me until he was satisfied I saw enough. The man I once loved and whom I killed for was punishing me.
And now he must finally die…

The claws of the beast within me lashed at the ground. I undug the chain that were buried deep in the earth and swung them towards his face. I heard a crunch and scream as he fell back. My claws extended further the more anger and pain shot through my body, and slowly transformed me to my chimera form. Shattering the chain, I was able to stand once more. I looked upon his face one last time as my memories showed through his eyes
“My dear you’re looking more beautiful than ever,” he said, shedding his skin and revealing his snake shaped chimera form…




Jinx xx

No comments:

Post a Comment